Sunday, January 15, 2012

Holidays are over...the time has come to get back...



Now that the holidays have come and gone for another year it gives us all a new perspective and outlook...time for a fresh start, new twists and turns. I have decided to once again blog, could not retrieve the old blog so creating this new one. I hope to gain many friendships thru this adventure and will also be looking out for business contacts and advisers in the process. I love all kinds of art and I never know from one day to the next what will capture my interest, I am however a Gemini and ever changing and oh the things my mind dreams up sometimes even surprises me!
 This year I am going to try and do my best to laugh more and enjoy life to the fullest, this means more art!
 The little birdie tells me...you really should spend more time fulfilling your passion for creating in your studio...it is really amazing how therapeutic art is for me, I feel so much better about everything after creating!
 So...here we are...the studio that I have neglected so badly over the last several months...I am back!


Here are some of the goodies I pulled out to play with over the weekend. I had watched several of Tim Holtz Demo Videos the last couple of weeks and have really been wanting to check out some of his awesome product and techniques! I had soooo much fun!

 The non-stick craft sheet really is very cool for inking on, adding water to and placing your papers or even ribbons and lace trims into, I had a blast! The ribbon above left became the ribbon below...pretty cool huh!


 I Love Creating...I feels so darn good to be back in the studio and once again blogging...I think now I have regained a part of me that was missing...my art is once again infused into my being and it feels so good!


 I started out so nice using the baggies to keep the hands clean and woops...just had to get those fingers inked out...the baggies helped some but still ended up grabbing inky items with no baggie...oh well part of the experience and it was awesome!



Well the tags were inked with distress inks, spritzed with water, dried with heat tool then stamped with some of my feel good images for the day. Then I put on some stickles and rock candy crackle. They turned out pretty cool. Now we are getting ready for adding the custom colored trim and embellishments. I will post more when the tags are done and ready for their final presentation.
Thats all for now...hope you enjoyed your visit here today!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home to your charming muse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There! Thanks, it feels really good to be back again. Kinda like putting on the old worn out fav pain of jeans, comfortable!

      Delete