Sunday, August 31, 2014

Creating with Vintage Halloween, Burlap & Chalk Paint...I Love my Job!

 
As the weather cools and the children head
back to school, my art creations take a turn
to the Halloween and Fall flared side. This
translucent orange frame, a thrifing find, seemed
too perfect to not use for this vintage Halloween image!

 
I created my first ever paper cone wreath using
the same vintage image for the focal point, I
just love her and her little black kitten!
Burlap for the center with a sweet black
tulle skirting just offsets the black noted
vintage sheet music. Embellished with vintage
black trim and an awesome pair of vintage
bling earrings in the corners...she is ready
for her new home now...was so fun to create!

 
She is large, had to turn her sideways
to fit her through the doorways in the house!
Perfect to display for the Halloween season!



I love using kraft paper, especially
when working with vintage images, just
works really well for the right feel
to the project, putting together cards
with matching envelopes. I had to breakout
the Tim Holtz Glassine paper and Distress
Inks on these...Love working with his products
and I am always pleased with the results!

 
Also a first for me rosettes with burlap
and old cheesecloth fabric, these were so easy
to make and a lot of fun...many more of these
will be coming...added these to a vintage mirror...
 
 
Made the burlap corner so that it can
be removed to clean the mirror as needed.
The little green leaves are vintage millinery
pieces and were the perfect touch! The strand
of champagne pearls were just the right addition
to this piece to balance it all out!

 
The chalk paint fun has begun...experimented
with mixing and I love it so far. I am finding
I really love to paint so watch for many pieces
to come with chalk paint...I can hardly wait
to crank some out to sell!
 
THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT AND PLEASE LEAVE
A COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU
LIKED ON THIS POST TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment